Let’s put aside the NFL off field drama and get back to the game on the field.
Here we are 4 weeks into the NFL season, at the quarter pole as they say in horse racing and …
This is what impressed me most in week 4:
-The Cowboys total domination of Drew Brees and the Saints led by RB Demarco Murray
-Eli Manning becoming an effective “west coast” QB in a blowout win over the Redskins.
-Aaron Rodgers just relaxing while leading the Packers to a win over a good Bears team.
- Alex Smith picking apart the Patriots defense to the tune of 300+ 1st half yards enroot to a 41-14 win
Other points of interest:
The Raiders best chance of winning a game this season was probably last week in New England.
missing that opportunity, a coach is fired
The Vikings beat the high scoring Atlanta Falcons without Adrian Peterson and Matt Cassell. QB Teddy Bridgewater and RB Mike Asiata put the question out there who are you, who who
Stat of the week: Andrew Luck; 20-41, 393 yds, 4 TD ,1 Int
Oldharry’s ¼ pole MVP: Dallas RB DeMarco Murray
4 games, 99 carries, 534 yds, 5.4 ypg, 5TD’s
Oldharry’s 1/4th of the way to the promised land
1. Cincinnati 3-0 still unbeaten
2. Arizona 3-0 still unbeaten
3. Seattle 2-1 next real test is week 12 vs Arizona
4. San Diego 3-1 next real test is week 8 vs Denver
5. Denver 2-1 next real test is at 4:00 PM vs Arizona
6. Detroit 3-1 If Calvin Johnson gets healthy…on a roll
7. Houston 3-1 How long can you keep winning w/o a QB
8. Dallas 3-1 Romo learns to ride DeMarco
9. Philadelphia 3-1 Reality check in SF
10. Baltimore 3-1 can they stop the Lucky Colts this week?
11. San Francisco 2-2 If they get by KC & Stl. They meet Denver
12. Indianapolis 2-2 Will probably score 40+ every week, can they stop anyone?
13. Kansas City 2-2 RB Tandem of Davis and Charles…scary
14. Green Bay 2-2 Relax, the schedule doesn’t get easier
15. Atlanta 2-2 All those points and only 2 wins
Youngsters Derek Jeter, Arod and Nomar ( remember these three)
London calling The London fans were once again able to get their fix of American football when juggernaughts Miami and Oakland squared of with Don Shula and QB Bob Gresie beating John Madden and QB Kenny the Snake Stabler 38-14 or at least todays versions of that classic matchup.
The NFL seems bent on putting a franchise in London in the next decade. The logic and logistics of such a move still escape me but what’s common sense have to do with it anyway?
Some day an aging Rob Gronkowski will get his wish when the red clad “little nutcracker dudes” from London come to Gillette to play the Patriots.
Think of the revenues that could be garnered from the selling of signs saying;
“The British are coming” or
“One if on the ground, Two if by air old chap”
Boys of October MLB playoffs:
The Wildcard play in games-
AL Oakland Kansas City
NL Pittsburgh San Francisco
Ditkahs rocked the lanes again
Wining two games and the total for a 6-2 night and a jump into 5th place overall in the 30 team league. I and mrsharry bowled our averages while my son bowled a 525 and our buddy Jake bowled a 227, 216, 225 for a 668
Next week... Age and the QB...adjustments need to be made can Tom learn what Peyton knows?
sunrise on Monday
my changing maples
mrsharry's pot o gold
support our troops, pray for those in harms way
Don't forget to check out my NE brother Lanz right over there--------------->